A great way to save, backup or share an order with Elastic is the 'Download To Desktop' feature that is provided through the 'Order Menu'. This will create a .ELS file that can only be opened in the Elastic software. Not only does this create a backup of your order but will also include any whiteboards created. Below are the steps to create this file and how to upload it back into the software.
Creating .ELS File
- Create or open an order, can include quantities and whiteboards
- Select Menu in the top right and select the 'Download to Desktop' option
- This will open a Save to dialog box where you can select where to save the file
Opening .ELS File
- From the Dashboard select 'View All' from the 'Orders Widget'
- Select the 'Open From Desktop' tab
- Select the 'Browse' button that appears and select an .ELS file from where it is stored
- 4. The Elastic software will process the file then open in a new order
- If order is shared with another user they must have the product and catalog permissions to open the order the order was created in.
- Retains style, quantities, and whiteboard from order saved.
- Will save the order before downloading.